RCT Endodontics, LLC, we have dedicated our mission to helping people save and value their natural teeth through evidenced-based endodontic treatment and education. We understand how dental health greatly impacts the overall health and well-being of our patients. We strive to achieve and sustain long-term optimal endodontic therapeutic outcomes for each and every patient.
We are committed to our pursuit of excellence through providing and attending continuing education programs, integrating the most current endodontic techniques and methodology available to us, and building a patient-pampering practice.
This is a commitment we make to our valued patients.POSITION SUMMARY
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting with patient care and maintaining a clean, organized office and chair side environment for all patients. The Dental Assistant works directly with patients to ensure their treatment plan is met. The Dental Assistant also provides direct support to the doctors to ensure patient treatments are completed efficiently and effectively.MAJOR RESPONSIBLITIESPatient Care
- Develop rapport with patients and greet them in a friendly manner.
- Review patient medical history and current medication with patient prior to treatment.
- Ensure patients are physically comfortable throughout entire treatment process.
- Make a pre-operative radiograph for patient.
- Record patient's present problem or complaint in the treatment record.
- Take patient x-rays throughout treatment as needed.
- Assist patients with forms/paperwork, as needed.
- Answer patient questions and collaborate with the doctor on answers as needed.
- Prepare chair side area for treatment procedures prior to patient's appointment.
- Assist the doctors by providing them with proper equipment throughout patient procedures.
- Prepare exam tray, cart and counter set up for patient procedures prior to the patient's arrival.
- Sterilize all instruments and equipment.
- Efficiently and effectively respond to the doctors needs, work flow style and requests while assisting with patient treatments.
- Monitor instruments and send for repairs.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area daily.
- Restock and maintain chair side supplies, medications for patients and nitrous oxide, as needed.
- Monitor autoclave efficiency.
- Perform biofilm protocol consistently.
- Clean suction traps weekly and flush water lines each morning.
- Empty water reservoir bottles at the end of each workweek.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Establish and maintain working relationships with appropriate carriers and vendors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with office team to ensure plans and solutions meet patient needs and expectations.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Work independently or in a collaborative team environment.
- Attend required trainings.
- Degree Requirement: Associates Degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 2+ years in a medical/dental assistant role.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: basic.
- CPR Training Certificate required.
- Radiology Certificate required.
- OSHA Training Certificate required.
- Must remain OSHA compliant in regard to appearance and grooming of hair and nails; must also wear approved uniform and shoes for clinical setting.
- Experience with working in a small office environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Function effectively in a time-sensitive environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Must have experience with digital imaging; imaging quality must be sufficient.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 - 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Some travel may be required. Most travel is local by car. A company car is not provided, and individual transportation is necessary.DISCLAIMER
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
RCT Endodontics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or other class protected by law.