|Company:||Palmetto Moon Insurance Agency|
Located in Charleston, SC, Palmetto Moon Insurance Agency is a local independent insurance agency with a friendly and knowledgeable team of insurance professionals who enjoy getting to know clients, listening to clients, and creating customized insurance packages for clients. Between Palmetto Moon’s commitment to superior customer service and its ability as an independent insurance agency to assemble the best coverage for every client in every situation, Palmetto Moon is a one-stop resource for individuals and businesses in need of insurance coverage now and as time goes on.
Palmetto Moon carries a multitude of personal and commercial lines. Personal lines of insurance policies include home, auto, boat, RV’s, ATV’s, Motorcycles, golf carts, health, life and disability, long-term care, renters, and more. Commercial lines of insurance include business owners, professional liability, general liability, property, auto, worker’s compensation, umbrella, group benefits, and more.
Palmetto Moon Insurance Agency is looking for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant for their Daniel Island office.
The Administrative Assistant will create a positive first impression on behalf of the agency in person, via email, and over the phone. The successful candidate will direct clients to the proper person in a professional, accurate, and timely manner. This position will also assist in the retention and production of personal and commercial line accounts. All duties must be performed in accordance with the agency’s goals and mission.
- Answer calls and emails in a timely manner and greet clients in person.
- Process premium payments.
- Assist clients with billing and coverage inquiries.
- Track and verify completion of all policy activities.
- Process renewal applications.
- Service insurance policies for updates and/or changes.
- Serve as receptionist and point of contact for all visitors to the office.
- Review client accounts to provide guidance and basic assistance regarding policy issues.
- High School Degree Required. Associate’s Degree Preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in a professional office environment in an administrative role. Experience in Insurance Industry Preferred.
- South Carolina Property & Casualty Producer License Preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Agency Management System Software.
- Competent computer usage for office purposes: Outlook, Work Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Able to work under supervision as well as independently.
- Effectively and professionally communicate orally, in writing, and in person.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Able to multitask and prioritize multiple demands.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 – 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type and be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications