Guest Services Manager
|Title:||Guest Services Manager|
GUEST SERVICES MANAGER
AWESOME JOB SUMMARYWe are recruiting for a Guest Services Manager for a high-end, state-of-the-art pet care resort with multiple locations in northern Maryland. We are looking for an energetic and customer-service oriented Guest Services Manager to supervise and coordinate the activities of our terrific staff of kennel employees and receptionists. This key individual will manage multiple staff in various departments including front desk, cleaning, grooming, day care, and night care. The Guest Services Manager ensures an awesome experience for our pets and their humans. This is a roll-your-sleeves up kind of job! Keep reading to find out more...
A Day in the Life Of Our Guest Services Manager Looks Like This...
- Ensure a delightful customer service environment - for our precious animals and their wonderful humans.
- Create work schedules to accomplish routine and emergency tasks. Adjust daily and weekly schedules as needed.
- Train and coach employees -- and help them be their best.
- Develop and provide customer service training with our staff.
- Examine our precious animals to determine if they need Vet assistance.
- Maintain a daily pet care schedule including bathing, grooming, training, feeding, etc.
- Perform routine administrative tasks like payment processing, answering the phones, etc. (hey, someone has to do it!)
- Interview and select new team members to join our amazing, animal lovin' team!
- Find ways to improve how we do our jobs.
- Find fun ways to energize, train, and recognize employees.
- Ensure that attendance records and other fun HR records are maintained properly.
- Inspect the facility daily -- are we taking care of our precious animals and their humans?
- Handle difficult human situations - we take care of the humans too!
- Solve problems!
- Ensure a delightful customer service environment - for our precious animals and their wonderful humans. (we know, we said this already -- this is SO important to us!)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant front desk/staff management experience in a hotel, hospitality, animal service, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in customer service (retail, service, hospitality, etc.).
- Write reports, evaluations, etc.
- Communicate clearly - both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- 2-3 years of MS Office experience (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with kennel management systems, staff scheduling software, and HR Information Systems.
While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. You will stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. You will occasionally required to climb or balance. You must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Yes, you may have to pick up poop too.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Did we mention poop?
WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO APPLY! We are looking for awesome humans who love caring for awesome animals and their humans. Submit your info and if things look like a good fit, we will be in touch for a phone interview. Thanks for considering this great opportunity!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications