OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (FULL-TIME)
Established North Potomac Orthodontic Practice is looking for a full-time Office Administrator to join our friendly team. We provide orthodontic treatment for children and adults. We are looking for a professional with at least 5 years of managerial experience, and preferably experience in an Orthodontic Practice.
Our ideal candidate must have excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal, leadership, management and relationship-building skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong computer skills (including Word, Excel, internet, Outlook), familiarity with dental office procedures and terminology is helpful. Effective, marketing and sales experience is desired.
The major areas of responsibilities of this position are: office management, financial coordination, accounts payable/receivable, insurance and billing, patient care and marketing.
- Oversee daily operations of the orthodontic office.
- Handle collections/ insurance/ accounts receivables/accounts payables.
- Maintain the office budget to achieve profitability.
- Generate and present office financial reports.
- Present treatment plans along with insurance benefit explanations and answer related questions from patients.
- Develop and present marketing schedule.
- Business management of the practice systems and support of front desk systems including knowledge of QuickBooks and practice software.
- Manage schedules and assume a leadership role in motivating office team members proactively seeking ways to continuously improve the orthodontic practice.
- Assist in dental team development.
- Ensure that the office is compliant with state regulatory agencies (oversee HIPAA/OSHA).
- Oversee maintenance of office facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree Requirement: Associates Degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years in an administrative role, preferably in a dental/medical office environment.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
- Proficiency Level required with QuickBooks: advanced.
- Experience with working in an office environment, answering phones and scheduling, staff management, administrative support to the doctor.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Function effectively in a time-sensitive environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
We offer a competitive salary; benefits include 401(k), paid time off, profit sharing and holiday pay. This is a full-time 38 hours per week position.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.