SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Full-time)
Our mission is to help each and every patient achieve the smile of their dreams through high-quality, convenient orthodontic treatment. We're proud to treat children, teens, and adults throughout North Potomac, Gaithersburg/Kentlands, and the surrounding areas, and we offer a wide variety of treatments including braces and Invisalign. No matter what your orthodontic situation, we'll work with you to help you achieve a new smile on a treatment plan that makes sense with your lifestyle and budget.
The Scheduling Coordinator accepts calls throughout the day and schedules appointments for the doctor. The primary task is to ensure the schedule is properly booked and has a productive flow for the day. Handle cancellations and emergencies efficiently and with proper urgency. Develop relationships with referring doctor's offices. Verify insurance co-pays for patients and assist patients with insurance related questions and issues.
Front Desk Coverage
- Answer phones promptly and with a professional and plesant attitude.
- Effectively educate patients over the phone and in-person about the benefits of being a patient (newest technology, patient-centered treatment, etc.)
- Greet everyone with a smile and provide excellent customer service.
- Operate front desk equipment efficiently (phones, computers, printers, copy machines, etc.).
- Build rapport with General Practice and referring Dentists’ offices.
- Develop rapport with patients and assist them as needed.
- Assist patients with insurance plans questions as needed.
- Monitor patient areas such as reception area and restrooms maintaining tidiness and cleanliness at all times.
- Check in with patients as they are leaving to ensure they are satisfied with services.
- Provide patients with written follow up instructions and doctor’s contact information.
- Place follow up calls to patients from the previous day.
- Call and confirm patients on the schedule for the following day.
- Inform doctor when patients have arrived.
- Communicate all schedule changes to doctor as they occur.
- Print schedule and extra day sheet for the doctor each day.
- Attend staff meetings, review patient and office needs.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with appropriate carriers and vendors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with office team to ensure plans and solutions meet patient needs and expectations.
- Work independently or in a collaborative team environment.
- Attend required trainings.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Degree Requirement: Associates Degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 2+ years in an administrative role.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
- Experience with working in an office environment, answering phones and scheduling.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Function effectively in a time-sensitive environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Previous experience in a dental office setting working with insurance providers is preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 – 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Some travel may be required. Most travel is local by car. A company car is not provided and individual transportation is necessary.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.