Our mission is to help each and every patient achieve the smile of their dreams through high-quality, convenient orthodontic treatment. We're proud to treat children, teens, and adults throughout North Potomac, Gaithersburg/Kentlands, and the surrounding areas, and we offer a wide variety of treatments including braces and Invisalign. No matter what your orthodontic situation, we'll work with you to help you achieve a new smile on a treatment plan that makes sense with your lifestyle and budget.
We are looking for a bright, personable, and motivated individual to be our Financial Coordinator for our busy practice. The Financial Coordinator handles billing, claims, insurance credentialing, accounts receivable and accounts payable. The main job responsibilities would consist of being our insurance and billing coordinator as well as managing and submitting all insurance claims, verifying patients benefits, authorization, EOB's, etc. This position works with the Office Administrator to ensure a productive flow to ensure a great patient and office experience.
Insurance and Billing
· Develop rapport with patients and assist them as needed with billing and claim issues.
· Effectively educate patients over the phone and in-person about insurance details. compliance procedures, billing issues and claims processes and issues.
· Assist patients with insurance plans and offer Care Credit to interested patients.
· Verify patient’s insurance benefits, calculate estimated out-of-pocket expense, and inform patients prior to their appointment.
· Monitor current insurance practices, requirements, and forms.
· Coordinate and oversee claims issues.
· Handle insurance fee negotiations and credentialing.
· Prepare and distribute insurance education materials, including reports and bulletins.
· Manage daily production and collection reports and reconciliation.
· Maintain the practice’s average monthly collection rate at higher than 90%.
· Oversee financial agreements with patients.
· Manage and maintain collections accounts, both current and delinquent.
· Input insurance payments and adjustments in accounts.
· Account settlement and process refunds as needed.
· Educate clinical staff in solving collection and registration issues.
· Handle claim appeals process and draft necessary letters and documents to support the appeal process and increase collections.
Accounts Payable and Receivable
· Process accounts payable to vendors and suppliers.
· Record accounts receivable.
· Maintain average monthly accounts receivable equal to or below average monthly production (30-day cycle for collections, no accounts over 60 days past due).
· Work with vendors and payers to maintain contracts and track payments.
· Calculate and track payments, invoices, upcoming expenses, and current expenses.
· Create, disseminate, and update reports and budgets.
· Maintain files and information organization system.
· Maintain the office budget to achieve profitability.
· Generate and present office financial reports.
· Establish and maintain working relationships with appropriate carriers and vendors.
· Coordinate and collaborate with the office team to ensure plans and solutions meet patient needs and expectations.
· Write correspondence, documents and communications as needed.
· Work independently or in a collaborative team environment.
· Attend required trainings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Degree Requirement: Associates Degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Years of Experience: 2+ years in an administrative role, preferably in a dental/medical office environment.
· Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
· Experience with working in an office environment, answering phones and scheduling.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
· Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Function effectively in a time-sensitive environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 - 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Some travel may be required. Most travel is local by car. A company car is not provided and individual transportation is necessary.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.