DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
HealthCare Access Maryland (HCAM) is seeking an experienced Human Resources leader to provide leadership strategic vision to the Human Resources Department of HCAM. Located in Downtown Baltimore City, Maryland, HCAM’s mission is to make Maryland healthier by connecting residents to insurance and care, educating the community about healthier living, and advocating a more equitable health care system.
Director of Human Resources will have overall responsibility for the Human Resources function and staff, including Employment Law Compliance, Compensation Planning, HRIS, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Recruitment and Strategic Planning, and Training & Development, in addition to providing a high level of service directly to HCAM employees. The Director of Human Resources will interface regularly with senior management to strategize regarding Human Capital issues, analyze financial impacts of staff programs and budgets and organizational change. Additionally, the Director will strategically plan to assist HCAM with attracting and retaining the talent needed to meet current and future organizational goals. The Director will have a primary role in positioning HCAM as an employer of choice in the surrounding areas. This is an exempt –level position and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance employee engagement by developing and providing progressive and proactive efforts that encourage effective performance, engagement, and commitment of employees, including the development of progressive and proactive efforts to encourage effective performance; long-term commitment; as well as the short- and long-range health, welfare, and growth of Employees. Integrate into HCAM philosophy and operations leading-edge practices and thought for retaining and motivating a team of highly-engaged Employees for the future.
- Represent HCAM to prospective employees, customers, the public, as well as community and professional organizations.
- Develop and track metrics to ensure positive employee engagement.
- Develop on-boarding and talent acquisition strategies for all levels of the organization.
- Use human resources planning models to identify competency and skill gaps.
- Introduce and coordinate ongoing training at various levels to support organizational mission and increasing levels of staff performance
Compensation & Benefits
- Manage HCAM’s compensation and benefits structure and systems.
- Ensure that compensation philosophy and procedures follow best practices to support equity of salary administration across all levels of staff and management
- Interface regularly with Finance and Payroll departments to maintain timely and effective delivery of compensation and benefits
- Design, review and revise benefit plan designs for all employee benefit plans that provide a highly competitive package while adhering to legal and budgetary guidelines
- Maintain healthy vendor relationships with employee benefit brokers and consulting firms as needed
HR Management/Employee Relations
- Administer HCAM’s employment function (recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compliance, etc.)
- Ensure that there is a standard process for managing employee relations issues (including the use and development of appropriate templates and training for managers)
- Develop appropriate HR policies, maintain and revise employment handbook as necessary
- Align Human Resources strategic and operational goals with the HCAM’s Mission and Vision and participate in program development with the senior leadership team.
HR Information Systems
- Lead efforts to improve use of ADP HR portal (Workforce Now)
- Analyze current ATS (Taleo) and lead efforts to maximize utilization
HR Team Leadership
- Direct the planning, development, implementation, budgeting, and support of all Human Resources department functions.
- Provide guidance, coaching and direction for all levels of employees to improve the overall support provided toHCAM.
- Administer and manage policies, standards, and practices to ensure fair, consistent and effective operations.
Employment Law Compliance
- Ensure that HCAM is in compliance with all required employment laws including: managing leave requests, EEO-1 filings, VETS-100 filings, completing form I-9, records retention and FLSA.
- Keep abreast of chaniges in laws that will impact HCAM and work with senior leadership to keep them apprised and develop proactive solutions to address the changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business adminsitration, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Certification or advanced training in Human Resources (SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred).
- 10-12+ years’ experience of strong HR management experience, managing HR functions and related disciplines.
- Experience in collaborating and strategizing with senior level management
- Experience with HRIS systems including ADP Workforce Now, Taleo and SharePoint, preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years supervising a Human Resources staff
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency with various HRIS systems to improve decision making.
- Able to perform in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
The search committee will begin to review applications immediately and continue their work until the position is filled. Candidates should send 1 document (in MS Word format, please) which contains: Letter of interest, resume, and salary history.
For more information about HCAM visit www.healthcareaccessmaryland.org.
HealthCare Access Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.