|Title:||Director of Human Resources|
Director of Human Resources
Working with the Executive Team and rest of the organization, Director of Human Resources will provide Talent Management, Employee Relations and Human Resources support for our growing organization. The Director of Human Resources is the heart of the team: the cheerleader for the employees and the company as well as a partner to the management and executive team . In addition, the Director of HR will keep an eye and ear to the morale and culture of the team. The most important goal of the position is to attract, retain and develop the best people for a2z.
General Requirements for this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years of progressive Human Resources experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years at a Director level preferred
- Must possess and maintain a Human Resources certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, GPHR) or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation, both Federal and multi-state
- Experience with immigration issues preferred
- Experience in a small business environment preferred
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now a plus
- Experience in the administration and design of benefits, working with brokers and compensation programs
Essential Duties/Requirements for this job:
- Attracting the best people
- Retaining the great people we have
- Work with our Leaders to develop our team and individuals
- Engage our Team
- Immigration Administration - H1B, Green Cards, etc.
- Employee Inquires
- Policy and Procedures
- Termination/End of Employment
Human Resources Administration:
- Management Consulting
- Continually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on Human Resources matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- With the assistance of the President, obtains cost effective, employee serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefit training.
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- A proven track record over fifteen years
- An environment where your opinion counts
- Opportunities to make contributions within a team environment
- Meaningful work
- Cutting edge technology
- Educational opportunities
- Flexibility – in schedules and dress code
- Benefits such as:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Vacation, sick and personal leave
- Tuition reimbursement
a2z, Inc. provides event planners and organizers with powerful web-based solutions that help increase and accelerate booth sales. Our clients also realize improved productivity in back office processes; increased connectivity with their membership, seamless integration with their CRM and financial databases, an improved event web site for their attendees and exhibitors, and the latest use of mobile and social media tools to boost marketing efforts. Our offerings include online event floor plans, event websites, abstract/speaker management, networking and matchmaking tools, personal itinerary builders, and more.
a2z’s solutions are used by 1,200+ leading trade shows and conferences across the globe every year. More than 46% of the TSE Gold 100 and TSNN Top 250 Events leverage a2z’s innovative web and mobile solutions.
Even though a2z is a world leader, we have a relatively small staff in a relaxed and flexible work environment. Visit www.a2zinc.net for more information.