|Company:||RCT Endodontics, LLC|
|Location:||Silver Spring, MD|
Silver Spring, MD
Silver Spring, MD
At RCT Endodontics, LLC, we have dedicated our mission to helping people save and value their natural teeth through evidenced-based endodontic treatment and education. We understand how dental health greatly impacts the overall health and well-being of our patients. We strive to achieve and sustain long-term optimal endodontic therapeutic outcomes for each and every patient.
We are committed to our pursuit of excellence through providing and attending continuing education programs, integrating the most current endodontic techniques and methodology available to us, and building a patient-pampering practice.
This is a commitment we make to our valued patients.
The Scheduling Coordinator accepts calls throughout the day and schedules appointments for the doctors. The primary task is to ensure the schedule is properly booked and has a productive flow for the day. Modify specific scheduling needs according to each doctor’s style. Handle cancellations and emergencies efficiently and with proper urgency. Develop relationships with referring doctor's offices and verify insurance coverage and estimate co-pays for patients.
Front Desk Coverage
- Answer phones promptly and with a professional and pleasant attitude.
- Effectively educate patients over the phone and in-person about the benefits of being a patient (newest technology, microscopes, patient-centered treatment, etc.)
- Greet everyone with a smile and provide excellent customer service.
- Operate front desk equipment efficiently (phones, computers, printers, copy machines, etc.)
- Build rapport with General Practice offices.
- Handle end of day closing procedures.
- Transfer phone lines to the after hours number.
- Develop rapport with patients and assist them as needed.
- Assist patients with insurance plans, offer lending club Care Credit to interested patients.
- Assist patients with new patient documenation, answer questions and direct accordingly.
- Verify dental benefits and estimate copayment amounts.
- Monitor patient areas such as reception area and restrooms maintaining tidiness and cleanliness at all times.
- Check in with patients as they are leaving to ensure they are satisfied with services.
- Check out patients and handle patients payments for services.
- Input insurance billing codes into system and generate claims for payment.
- Set up payment plans through Heartland for patients as needed.
- Provide patients with written post-op instructions and doctor’s contact information.
- Offer to call the patient’s doctor’s office to schedule follow up appointment if needed.
- Input patient appointment information into Podium system for patient review.
- Call and confirm patients on the schedule two days in advance of appointment.
- Inform doctors when patients have arrived through the PBS system.
- Communicate all schedule changes to doctors as they occur.
- Provide extra day sheet for the associate doctor as needed.
- Mail patient treatment reports to referring dentists.
- Mail referral packets to new dentists.
- Send referral pads as requested by general dentists.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with appropriate carriers and vendors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with office team to ensure plans and solutions meet patient needs and expectations.
- Work independently or in a collaborative team environment.
- Attend required trainings.
- Degree Requirement: Associates Degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years of Experience: 2+ years in an administrative role.
- Proficiency Level Required with MS Office Products: intermediate.
- Experience with working in an office environment, answering phones and scheduling.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Function effectively in a time-sensitive environment while meeting multiple deadlines.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to move 5 – 40 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Some travel may be required. Most travel is local by car. A company car is not provided, and individual transportation is necessary.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
RCT Endodontics, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, protected veteran status, or other class protected by law.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications