|Company:||The BWI Business Partnership|
BACKGROUND OF BWI BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
Are you a dynamic and well-rounded distinguished leader committed to making a difference in central Maryland? The BWI Business Partnership is a non-profit 501(c)4 organization comprised of major local and regional businesses and local, state and federal government agencies. central Maryland region - with BWI Marshall Airport, the National Security Agency, Ft. Meade and Arundel Mills Mall as its economic engines - has led the state in job growth over the last five years. Our membership base of both business and government members creates unique opportunities to influence the region's growth. Our major areas of focus are transportation, and economic development.
We are seeking a full-time Executive Director to lead and grow our organization. The Board of Directors seeks a distinguished, energetic and transformative leader who can accelerate the growing reputation and success of BWI Business Partnership. Candidates for the position will need to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to forge strategic partnerships with the business & government leaders, business organizations, and community partners
- Distinguished and appropriate credentials
- Relevant experience in nonprofit management, economic development, commercial development, public, or transportation Sectors
- Experience working with Boards/volunteer leadership
- Strong experience in leading a vibrant governmental relations program
- Superb communication skills
- Personal commitment to collaborative and team Approach to work
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to the organization's program and financial growth.
For more information about BWI Business Partnership, please see our website: BWI Business Partnership.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and will lead a staff of 4 dedicated professionals in the delivery of programs and services across 3 divisions: Transportation Services, Member Services, and Administrative Operations. He or she will work closely with members from the Central Maryland business, government, and community sectors, to identify local and regional transportation goals and collaborate on solutions within the bounds of BWI Business Partnership’s mission and strategic plan. He or she will be a catalyst for economic development initiatives and programming that elevates the region. He or she will also ensure that the organization is run with integrity, transparency, and is an excellent employer for its diverse staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas for BWI Business Partnership:
- Advocacy – Provides legislative voice and testimony for The Partnership to key constituencies including but not limited to federal, state, regional, and local governments on issues of concern
- Government, Community, and Public Relations – Assures the organization and its mission, programs and services are consistently presenting a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders including leaders in government, business, the community, and the media. Serve on multiple boards on behalf of The Partnership, taking on leadership roles.
- Programming and Event Management – Ensures that the Partnership’s signature events and other programs are of high quality and caliber. Recruit local and regional dignitaries to serve as speakers for these executive events. Develop and implement new programming to provide member value.
- Collaboration and Coordination with Multiple Partnering Organizations and members– Work with other local governmental, business and nonprofit organizations on areas of mutual interest to promote economic development and transportation issues.
- Board Administration and Support – Supports operations and administration of Board of Directors by advising and informing board members, coordinating with Board Committee, including Executive and Finance Committee, and ongoing board evaluation of the organization and the Executive Director.
- Financial sustainability and Grant Management – Ensures the research and development of grant opportunities beneficial to the organization from federal and private sector organizations. Oversees grant development, planning, and implementation, including identifying possible resources, establishing strategies to approach grantors, submitting grant proposals, supervising work accomplished and maintaining reports and financial tracking as required by grantors.
- Staff Management – Directly supervises staff and provides them with the tools and resources to oversee their divisions and programs.
- Financial, Tax and Risk Management – Recommends yearly budget for board approval and manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to laws and regulations. Manages yearly audit, and preparation of multiple federal, state tax returns and related filings, in concert with accounting firms.
- Human Resource Management – Manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree and commensurate experience in Economic Development, Business Administration, Public or Nonprofit Administration, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in economic development, executive leadership, or non-profit administration.
- Experience at local and/or state level and with diverse business sectors preferred.
- Excellent leadership, relationship-building, and public speaking skills.
- Proven experience in obtaining and managing significant grant funding.
- Sound financial leadership.
- Knowledge of economic development, infrastructure issues, and transportation issues for Central Maryland.
- Knowledge of state and local agencies involved in transportation, workforce development, tourism and economic development.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementing evidenced–based, outcome driven programs.
The Search Committee, under the direction of the Chair of the Board of Directors, will begin review of applications immediately and will continue its work until an appointment of an Executive Director is made in October 2018. Applicants must submit the following in a Word Document:
- Letter of interest (please address how you can lead as Executive Director of the BWI Business Partnership and its mission and strategic initiatives) and
- Professional Resume/C.V.
Please click “APPLY” to submit this information in 1 document (MS Word Format, NOT PDF). For additional information about BWI Business Partnership, please consult BWI Partnership.
The BWI Business Partnership Inc. offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
BWI Business Partnership, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.