DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Schedule (hours/days): Full-Time, Monday-Friday (some Saturday's) 8:30-5:00 (37.5 hrs.)
Work Location: 1212 N. Wolfe St., Baltimore, MD 21213 - HEBCAC Dee's Place
Salary Range: $42,256 to $58,041
To provide support to Historic East Baltimore Community Action Coalition, Inc. (HEBCAC) community development work by serving as the main liaison to the neighborhood within our project area and the residents of that area and working as part of the overall project team. This position will provide the following services:
- Organize block and neighborhood events and projects through neighborhood residents.
- Convene residents when needed and build relationships on blocks in our project area.
- Connect residents to leadership development opportunities.
- Support community marketing efforts.
- Monitor sales activity in the project area and keep a current list of all properties on the market with background on each.
- Support the owner/renter unit rehab work by acting as key interface between the occupants and the contractor.
- Help identify occupied units in need of repair and generate owner interest to be involved in our work.
- Be active in the community association and keep HEBCAC abreast of community association "dynamics."
- Help to promote an agenda of "non-housing" items that lend to the building of a more thriving neighborhood.
- Help identify neighborhood residents who are potential buyers or are looking for better rental opportunities.
- Support the housing needs of individual residents in a case management capacity.
- Experience with neighborhood outreach work, preferably in a community similar in profile.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Creative planner and strong program implementer.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to track and organize data and to prepare written reports.
- Comfort working with individuals at various income levels.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good convening and group process skills.
- Some college preferred.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. You will be advised accordingly. During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.